Friday, October 07, 2005

Cooking and cleaning

Yesterday was an organizing kind of day for me. Straightened up around the dining room table and completely reorganized the kitchen countertop. Cleared it, cleaned it and reorganized it so I had room for the microwave, my Waring Pro blender and my new Nesco roaster oven. I even ended up with a bit more counter space for cooking!

I like having an organized kitchen. One, it speeds up preparation. I know where things are. Two, I like to wash dishes as I go. We do have a dishwasher, but I often clean things I need to use again soon. We have a dish drainer on the counter as well.

I made the Brown gravy recipe from Table for Two yesterday. It was quite tasty, but it doesn't reheat, you need to make it and use it right away. I'll try it out on my partner on Monday probably.

She just loves my apple crisp. I've been sending it with her as dessert for lunch every day. And yesterday, just before I dropped her off at work, she said something that really touched me. She said that when she's eating her lunch, she thinks about me and that I made this food for her, with love and care and it really makes her feel good.

That's what it's really all about, isn't it? :)

Barbara

No comments: