Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Books and ovens

Today I got a visit from my friendly UPS man. I got (from Amazon.com, with a A9 discount and a $20 promo certificate and free shipping) The Complete Tightwad Gazette and Jo Stepaniak's Table for Two cookbook. And I got my Nesco 6 Qt Roaster oven. I plan to use it for slow cooking, soups, stews, you name it.

The cookbook is well done, with a lie flat binding. It has explainations of things like what is seitan. I'm going to make whole wheat biscuits from the book for dinner tonight.

Also went with my partner to the Portland Art Museum. First time we'd been there. They recently added a new wing. And, as I posted before, we had free tickets! It was a great time together. And in about 2 weeks, we are going to the Oregon coast for a few days. No phone, tv, or any other distractions. I can't wait!

Barbara

No comments: