Thursday, September 14, 2006

Yarn Finds

I've been trying to learn how to knit, mostly to save money. I did find out that many kinds of yarn are outrageously expensive. One sweater pattern I saw, were I to buy the yarn suggested, would have cost $150 in yarn alone, not to mention the labor involved.

So I was looking through my 'Learn to Knit' book and I needed different kinds of yarn and colors and weights to practice little projects on. I want to make my partner a heavy sweater/jacket for spring and fall, ultimately.

So, I went to a nearby Goodwill store. SCORE! I spent $2 on a bunch of random yarns. I have to untangle and wind some of it but still. I even came across a crochet hook (which can be of use in knitting, surprisingly) tucked in one large skein.

Even better, I found four new skeins of the exact yarn needed for the sweater I want to make for $4 total. Normally it goes for $5 each. So I snapped that up then went to Joann's to get two more skeins of the same color (where the yarn was on sale and I had a 10% off coupon. So now I am set! I'm very happy about my finds.

Being frugal can be fun!

Barbara

No comments: