Wednesday, September 13, 2006

VwaV Pizza report

I made pizza today from Vegan with a Vengeance. I made the sauce just as she has it, and it came out great. I did puree it, since my partner doesn't like tomato chunks in her sauces.

I followed the crust recipe except for subbing one cup of ww bread flour and a dash of gluten flour for a cup of white flour. I put half in the freezer for another day. It came out great. It stretched out well and baked well.

I've never made pizza completely from scratch before. I also marinated chicken breast in olive oil, Braggs and some Mccormick all purpose seasoning and then grilled them. I like chicken on my pizza. We also had mushrooms and black olives on it. Took only 11 minutes at 475 degrees.

All in all, another great recipe from VwaV. I plan on making the chickpea-broccoli casserole from it tomorrow. It's started getting overcast and drizzly here, so that sounds really tasty right now.

Barbara

1 comment:

Harmonia said...

Glad it turned out good! Thanks for the tips on the Wholefoods book! I will check that out! :)