Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Chocolate chip cookies



I promised my partner chocolate chip cookies on her day off, so I made them today. She also loves the dough, so I let her have quite a bit of that too. :)

I just used the standard toll house recipe, using Earth balance sticks instead of butter of course. They came out chewy, just the way we both like them. I found a site called Cooking for Engineers which had a very interesting article about how to make cookies either chewy or more crunchy. It looks like a fun site.



I used Trader Joe's semi-sweet chips, which are at least a dollar cheaper than the name brands. This was also the first time I used my KitchenAid mixer to make cookies. Worked wonderfully.

Also, my friend Katie at Frugal Veggie Mama tried my bread recipe and really liked it!! I'm glad that it is cool out now and I can bake bread and such as much as I want.

Barbara

No comments: