Saturday, October 21, 2006

Baking Adventures

Yesterday I made muffins and biscuits. The muffins were a standard type of recipe and I added some Trader Joe's cocoa powder. They came out ok, but not a lot of flavor. Needed more sugar, maybe.

The biscuits came out better. I usually just make drop biscuits, but this time I rolled them. The first batch came out good, the second batch was more rolled of course and they came out flatter. They still tasted good though. My partner is having a couple for breakfast with apple butter (homemade of course!).

I'm actually going to have to buy more baking powder in a month or so. This is the first time in my life I've ever actually baked so much I need to buy more.

I also made crockpot spanish rice for the second time. It's really good and I'll eat it for lunch and I'll mix in pinto beans for a dinner or two for us.

Today I plan to make bread and Monday or Tuesday I'm going to make chocolate chip cookies for my partner. I don't have a recipe so I'll have to check my cookbooks.

I also want to try VwaV Fetticine Alfreda. A local veggie blogger raved about it and I do have pine nuts in the house.

Have a great weekend!

Barbara

1 comment:

Nikk said...

I just found the link to your blog and love it! :)

Anything from VwaV is very yummy--including the Alfreda. I hope you have a chance to try it...it's worth it!