Saturday, August 23, 2008

Improv Bean and corn enchiladas

I had some leftover black bean/corn soup and some leftover refried beans. I poured out most of the liquid from the soup and put the beans and corn in a bowl. Mad some quick enchilada sauce (using Mary McDougall's recipes) and while that was cooking I mixed the refried beans into the black beans. I then added a few sliced black olives. Used small corn tortillas and made about 5 rollups in a round casserole dish. Poured the sauce on the bottom and top and baked. Came out great and tasty.

Back to work tomorrow. Two more weeks on this awful 4am-2:30pm shift. Not sure what shift I'll be on then, but I'm sure my boss will find a way to mess with me.

I've lost 4 pounds in 6 days so far eating McDougall vegan. My blood pressure is also down and I've stopped my bp meds. I'm so excited about that!

Barbara

1 comment:

Krista said...

Yay for your improvements! I'm so excited for you!

P.S. Love your bread recipe