Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Catching up

A few updates here. One, for Christmas my partner is getting me a Kitchenaid Artisan mixer from Amazon.com. With a $25 discount and an A9 search engine discount and free shipping, total price is $173. Pretty good for a $320 list price machine. It will make making bread a lot easier. And I know it will last a really long time.

It's amazing how living the frugal livestyle is changing how I view things. I'm not as frugal (yet!) as a lot of people, but I'm getting there.

For instance, when I walk through the grocery store, I really do "shop the margins". I have very little need to go down most of the aisles. And I'm so much happier about what we are eating.

Yesterday, we did some shopping. JCPenney had sent me and my partner $10 gift certificates. Plus they had just about everything on sale. So, we picked up some towels and a bath rug that we needed. Out of pocket, about 5 bucks.

We also stopped at a thrift store called Value Village. It was the first time my partner had shopped there. I found a Chicago Cutlery knife block for some knives we had gotten for free for 5 bucks. And my partner picked up 4 shirts for work and a really flashy gold/black sweater for the holidays for a total of 20 bucks. The sweater alone would have cost at least 50 bucks new in a retail store.

I'm enjoying the frugal life!

Barbara

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Barb--

Making bread with the kitchen aide is a BREEZE, let me tell you. Unfortunately it removes all the meditative quality of the kneading process, but you always have the option of doing it by hand if you wish. :) We got our KA for our first married Christmas. I love it. I can make a great wad of dough in 2 minutes.

Have fun!
Roo