Saturday, September 24, 2005

Hello from Portland!

I have recently decided to start living more frugally, to simplify my life. Saving money is a big part. I want to eat well, but not spend a lot. I want to eat healthy, but not spend my life cooking. I want time with my partner, and savings for retirement later.

So I'm learning about a frugal lifestyle. It's different from a lot of people, in that I live in the middle of a large city, in an apartment. I don't have a yard, or a basement, or much storage space. So even if buying beans in 25 pound bags is much cheaper, I can't because I have no place to put them.

My partner is willing to try this lifestyle. We are low on funds, but rich in our life together. We will see how this goes, how to save money yet live a full life together.

Barbara

No comments: