Sunday, September 25, 2005

Gaining knowledge

Knowledge is power as they say. The person who really inspired me to start this more frugal way of life, is another blogger, frugalveggiemama, who posts regularly. She recommended a few books.

Now, trying to be frugal, I am first getting them from the library. I use the Multnomah County Library, which last year had the most circulation of any library in the country. Something like 15.4 million items. Reading is a good way to pass the rainy winters.

Anyway, I've got a few books on hold and one video. The video is called Escape from Affluenza, and two books I'm really looking forward to reading are The Complete Tightwad Gazette and Yankee magazine's living well on a shoestring : 1,501 ingenious ways to spend less for what you need and have more for what you want.

Today I'm making a potato scramble. Yesterdays apple crisp got good reviews from my partner.

Barbara

1 comment:

Katie said...

I bought the Complete Tightwad Gazette on a whim (there's irony in that, I know.) Reading it made me realize how many ways there were to spend a little less without giving up living. I think it gave me permission to try things that I'd only toyed with up to that point.

I find it so exciting that I've begun to inspire others. Keep sharing.