Saturday, June 14, 2008

Rice cooker and Trader Joe goodies



I bought a Zojirushi NS-LAC05 Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer. It wasn't cheap, but I believe it to be a frugal purchase. From my research on the web, it seems to be sturdy and makes great rice. It's also the perfect size for the two of us. I've already made steel cut oats in it, came out perfect. I also made long grain brown rice, which came out not quite perfect, but I didn't rinse the rice as directed. I bought some bulk brown basmati, which I will be making for some stir fry to take to work tomorrow.



I also wanted to show off my purchases at Trader Joe's today. Got all the things I wanted without having to go anywhere else. I picked up:

- tomatoes
- 3 cans of garbanzo beans for hummus
- 3 bananas
- a bag of stir fry veggies to go with the rice for tomorrow
- baby lettuce mix and baby spring greens mix
- red plums (they smelled sooo good!)
- bag of valencia oranges
- whole wheat pitas
- whole wheat lavash wraps

Total cost was $21.26. (no sales tax in Oregon)

I'm off to do some cooking!

Barbara

No comments: